For a while the marketing hype around “cloud computing” got quite a bit ahead of the reality. However, over the last decade, the solution space has matured sufficiently to offer most—but definitely not all—companies a wide range of options to let them add or remove computing resources more quickly, with less upfront cost, and without the need of their own data center space.
However, this does necessarily mean that cloud computing will save money (many times it will not). Similarly it does not mean that cloud computing will allow you to eliminate your IT or operations teams (it will NOT—however, it can eliminate logistics and time lost waiting for orders, travel and installation to complete).
Our team has been working in the field of cloud computing and XaaS (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and even new items like AaaS and DaaS) since before these terms were even coined by technology marketers and analysts. We have built public clouds, private clouds, community clouds and hybrid clouds. We have commercialized XaaS solutions. We have used these deployment and operations models in some of the most stringent regulatory environments in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
We are ready to bring this experience to your disposal to help you with a variety of topics, such as the following:
- Is it more cost effective for me to build and manage my own cloud than pay for a public or community solution? Should I focus on virtualization instead? What makes this different?
- What platform best fits my needs? Should I focus on the Infrastructure layer, Platform Layer or Application Layer? What do I need to watch out for if I mix solution providers?
- Can cloud computing work within the regulations and SOPs and security requirements of my industry? How can I assure this? How can I help enterprise customers of my cloud- or XaaS-based solution understand, accept—and even embrace—this?
- Are there mutually beneficial cost models I can use for my customers (external or internal)? What are the “hidden costs” of cloud computing I am not considering? How can I avoid or reduce them?
- Is it time for me to move from public cloud computing to my own resources and data centers?
Let us know how we can help. We are comfortable working across your entire team, communicating at the level of detail most relevant to each: Product, IT/Operations, Finance, Professional Services and more.