Jim Haughwout (pronounced “how-it”) is one of Oulixeus’ founders and General Partners. He loves all things about using technology to change how people live, work—and play. He has been in the technology sector since 1992, and has hands-on experience implementing a broad range of technology domains:
- Internet, Web and eCommerce (at scales exceeding 10,000 transactions per second)
- Social Media (including Social Commerce, Social CRM, Social Analytics and Mobile Social Media)
- Large-scale Distributed Systems and Fault-tolerant Architectures (LAMP, .NET, J2EE, proprietary)
- Mobile and Portable computing (SMS, Smartphone, and Tablet apps)
- Enterprise Systems (Marketing, CRM, Supply Chain, HR, Finance, ERP, Corporate IT and MIS)
Educated at MIT and Harvard, Haughwout, has led R&D, Product, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Professional Services, Operations, and Marketing and Development divisions–for both Fortune-500 and startup technology companies. He specializes in combining new technology, process improvement and change management to create lasting improvement. Haughwout has led seven organizations through times of massive growth (i.e., growth exceeding 100% per annum), building three organizations “from scratch” and leading four others through successful turnarounds (each time delivering double-digit improvement in performance and throughput within six months).
Haughwout is also the SVP of Engineering & Operations at CustomMade Ventures (a Google Ventures portfolio company). He writes the Lagrangian Points blog and is a frequent contributor at Technorati, CustomerThink, Focus and Quora. His favorite ways to relax are travel (he only recently finally gave up his old film SLR after bringing it all over the world) and cooking (various attempts to combine the influences of Alton Brown, Tom Colicchio, and Isa Chandra Moskowitz).