Successful management of large, complex programs is both an art and a science. From an artist’s perspective, organizations need to clearly define success, prioritize resources and manage governance. From a scientist’s perspective, they need to accurately define scope, estimate work and measure progress. They must also navigate the critical path around risks and surprises that threaten success. Oulixeus draws on years of experience combining the art and science of program management to help our clients achieve or exceed business goals. We’ll also help our clients grow program management expertise.
How We Can Help
- Large, Complex Program Management. We provide full-service management, selecting the most appropriate methodology based on your program need and organizational culture.
- Effective Governance. We design governance models to ensure focused status reporting and effective oversight. Initial facilitation and a mentoring approach ensure continued strong governance long after our engagements end.
- Program and Portfolio Management Foundations. To help you more effectively manage programs, we offer training in business analysis, scope management, risk-based project management, critical path analysis, and estimation. We also provide Portfolio Management training in scorecard development and prioritization techniques.
- Program Management Methodologies. We offer training in methodologies including Waterfall, Critical Chain, Event Chain, Rational Unified Process, Agile and Scrum–using classroom-based training and the Mentor Model.
- Program Office Development. We provide turnkey setup for program or portfolio management offices (PMOs), including policies, roles, practices, service level agreements, tools and templates.
Thoughts from Our Blogs
- Agile Program Management. What’s the definition of a successful program? One that meets or exceeds the expectations of its sponsors. The Agile Program Management blog combines techniques from agile development, risk management, change leadership and more to achieve this.
- All Oulixeus Blog Posts on Project, Program and Portfolio Management. Often implementation of a new strategy, product, emerging technology or change requires successful program execution. Like all other initiatives, programs also contain their own inherent risks that much be actively managed throughout. These posts across the five Oulixeus Blogs explore the interaction of programs with strategy, marketing, risk, change and emerging technologies.